This newborn care class gives you the info needed for an optimal start to parenthood and your baby's life.
We've partnered with Parent Nurture to bring you a special combo class: Breastfeeding, Infant Care and Sleep Scheduling. In just 4 hours, you'll learn how to breastfeed and care for your infant after you've returned home from your hospital stay.
Do you know how to change a diaper or start a sleep schedule? This newborn care class gives you the info needed for an optimal start to parenthood and your baby's life. We've included pertinent breastfeeding information to help you plan for the weeks that follow your baby's birthday.
We will share our parenting tips, tricks and a wealth of knowledge with you. Topics include:
Basic Newborn Care: How to thrive during the first 12 weeks
- How to set up and stock your changing station
- Bathing baby safely and easily
- Keeping baby’s sensitive skin healthy
- Knowing when to call the pediatrician
- Circumcision/vaginal and cord care
- Pros and cons of cloth and disposable diapers
- Avoiding hip dysplasia and flat-head syndrome: Safe babywearing, carriers, and tummy-time
Bottle and Breastfeeding: Which is best for your family?
- Feeding options: Breastfeeding, bottle feeding, pumping and formula
- Positioning for comfort and to minimize acid reflux
- Safe preparation, storage, and sterilization of bottles made easy
- Scheduling nighttime feedings: Following your baby’s circadian rhythm to promote productive sleep
- Setting up your breastfeeding sanctuary
- Infant dehydration: Know the warning signs
- When to call a Certified Lactation Consultant
The Happiest Baby on the Block: The simple solution to colic in one minute or less!
- How to stop baby's crying with The Cuddle Cure
- Swaddling tricks and methods to prevent hip dysplasia
- Safety points and hands-on practice
- SIDS: Reduce your baby's risk
The Ultimate Sleep Atmosphere: Bed Sharing, Rooming In and Nursery Design
- Checklist for co-sleeping safety, products and solutions
- Pros and cons of the family bed
- Sleep Schedules: How and when to start a routine
- Feeding tips to get through the night
- Correcting day and night confusion
Join our group class June 3rd from 9:00am until 1:00pm at CentreSpringMD. Reserve your seats now - space is limited!
Instructors are Julie Trotter and Jeni Standard. Both are birth and postpartum doulas, childbirth educators, and lactation counselors. Address is 1401 Dresden Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319.