Use Hypnosis For Pregnancy and Delivery
Learn more about the power of the mind-body connection! Learning, practicing and using hypnosis techniques will allow you to be more comfortable and calm during childbirth. Hypno-anesthesia does not come from endorphins, it is generated through deep hypnosis suggestions (practice and use!) that re-train the inner mind to interpret physical sensations differently.
Many clients enjoy the empowering book, HypnoBirthing by Marie Mongan. The link includes a digital download of their signature session, Rainbow Relaxation.
We highly recommend you try a hypnosis session for a Happy Birth from Circle + Bloom.
Practice daily with these tracks found on Amazon. The reviews are great but since we haven't tried these yet, we'd appreciate your feedback.
This portion is for students of the Hypnobabies program:
Home Study for Hypnobabies
Considering your course studies, we will review the following points when we meet for our prenatal meeting. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the topics below.
- Opening and Visualization
- Transformation / Transition
- Pushing (Exhale / Open Glottis)
- Cues (Finger Drop, Release, Relax, Peace)
- Techniques (hand on forehead or shoulder) and/or use of Scripts/Guided Imagery
- Lightswitch Positions (OFF is full hypno, CENTER is used to move/talk, ON is no hypno)
- Bubble of Peace (filter)
With your partner, practice 3-5 pressure waves as your Birth Rehearsal. Download a contraction timer app like iBirth and install it on your phone, laptop or iPad (whatever device your hypno tracks are installed on and will be with you at the hospital).
Homework / Practice / Upkeep
Listen to the following hypno tracks/cds in order, then repeat the process until your birthing time begins.
- Special Safe Place
- Hypnotic #1
- Easy Childbirth
- Deepening (yes, again!)
- Hypnotic #2
- Fear Cleansing
What To Listen To During Your Birthing Time
- Pre/Beginning "Chill-out Time":
Special Safe Place and Easy Birth
Easy First Stage and Deepening
Birth Guide (two tracks)
Hypno-anesthesia and PEACE cue for pushing
Here are two suggestions for breathing (pushing) your baby out. Practice both and see what feels best for you.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and diaphragm, exerting pressure in and downward as though you were going to have a bowel movement, saying “AAAHHH.” Always remember to use your PEACE cue, and direct your orange hypno-anesthesia down through your birth canal and throughout your perineum.
- Push your abdomen outward, as though you were pushing your seatbelt away from your belly. As you say, “AHHHHH” your bright orange, glowing hypno-anesthesia moves down your birth canal, and you push your imaginary seat belt away from your belly. Your bottom will remain more relaxed.
Additional Tracks to STOP or START Birthing Waves
You will be prompted to enter your credit card number but there is not charge for these downloads for Hypnobabies students.