Our modern lifestyles, with little or no balanced, proper movement, are not conducive to the complex nature of an ideal, healthy birth experience. Proper exercise can help new moms avoid future pregnancy complications like back-aches, carpal tunnel, Diastasis Recti, and reduce the risk of needing a c-section due to a tilted uterus and/or pelvis and the dreaded, "failure to progress in labor."
Strengthen your body through targeted movement and breathing exercises to prevent or treat Diastasis Recti (abdominal wall separation). To achieve optimal perinatal comfort and health, we suggest the following:
In addition to your regular exercise routine, start building up your endurance and improve flexibility. You'll want to work one-on-one with us to avoid Diastasis Recti.
Walk daily, consider joining prenatal aquatic and/or weekly yoga classes. Continue your training with the tailored exercises that will strengthen your abdominal wall, back and pelvic floor.
This is a sacred time to heal and nourish your body while adjusting to parenthood. When you feel up to it, walking while pushing a stroller is the ideal exercise to return slowly to physical activity. Increase the pace and distance gradually.
MONTH 3 AND BEYOND
1. Sculpt, tone and reshape your postpartum physique with compound movements. You'll gain strength while encouraging your body to return to its peak performance. Be sure to select an exercise routine that will avoid exasperating the condition of Diastasis Recti (abdominal wall separation.) NO PLANKS or CRUNCHES!
2. Improve posture, correct foundation problems and repetitive injuries, with the targeted training included in the packages. We will guide you through strengthening your pelvic floor muscles and abdominal walls allowing you to move through parenthood with ease. This will help you avoid future pregnancy complications like back-aches, carpal tunnel, Diastasis Recti, and reduce the risk of having a c-section due to a tilted uterus and/or pelvis and the "failure to progress in labor."
CORRECTIVE EXERCISES FOR PEAK CONDITIONING
While addressing your unique needs for perinatal fitness, our private fitness sessions review foundational movements and postural basics to help you achieve optimal comfort and health. Visit our Conditioning page to see the details of our fitness and wellness packages and then schedule your session at your convenience.
If you're not yet ready for personalized coaching, try the Food & Fitness Workbook to boost your perinatal health. The workbook is your guide to all things nutrition and exercise during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Learn which resistance training exercises, foam rolling, and flexibility techniques are best for a more comfortable pregnancy.
- Work on posture and alignment in preparation for birth and supporting the pelvic floor and core.
- Discover what nutrients are vital for pregnancy and how to support mom and baby's immune system and gut health.
- Gain tools to navigate many common pregnancy and postpartum complaints.
- Establish self care habits to support breastfeeding and healing postpartum.
This self-care resource includes an exercise program, nutrition, pelvic floor program, daily self care journal, tips for feeling great, etc. Why not try it today?