Birth Boot Camp For A Hospital Birth
"The classes were great for me, but mostly, I wanted my husband to really understand the process. He is not the type to read books, so a class was perfect." - N.B.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You will learn information specific to your hospital birth experience. Topics include:
- Hospital Policies Which Will Likely Affect Your Birth
- Testing: GBS, Ultrasound, and Vaginal Exams and Your Birth
- Due Dates: When, Why & How Induction Works
- Comfort measure: Neck & Shoulder Massage
- Epidurals & Endorphins: From Stirrups to natural birth and how we got here
- Common Sense Tips for Reducing Pain
- Doulas: Everything You Need to Know
- Relaxation: Releasing Tension During Labor & Pregnancy
- Getting Started: Pre and Early Labor
- Getting Serious: Active Labor and Transition
- What Do Contractions Feel Like? Is this It? What now?
- Top 10 Tools for Partners
- The Importance of Communication: Learning to Talk and Listen in Labor
- Pushing: How You and Your Baby Work Together
- Pushing Positions: What You Need to Know Beforehand
- Special Considerations: Feeling Safe During Pushing
- Third Stage: Delivery of the Placenta
- Reasons for a Cesarean: Making it a Good Experience
- Variations of Labor: Handling Situations that May Arise
- Your Birth Plan: A Communication Tool
- Newborn Procedures: Creating a Postpartum Plan
- Comfort measures for Hospital Birth
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT!
The confidence and practical knowledge you will gain is unparalleled. You will know what questions to ask your provider. You’ll be familiar with common tests and procedures and the specific language surrounding hospital birth. You will know how to communicate your desires with your partner and your birth team.
You will be prepared for an amazing hospital birth.
"We had fun during the class sessions; she is a great teacher and also she supported me a lot outside of the class." - Cynthia S.